How to Apply
About the Scholarship
The Ken Chagnon Scholarship Program provides grants to individuals who are pursuing technician education in orthotics and prosthetics. Each year the program awards $500 to a deserving O&P technician program student.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited O&P technician program as well as meeting the criteria identified below.
- demonstrate a financial need
- display leadership qualities
- contribute to their own education financially
- maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
How to Apply
Students may apply directly for the scholarship, or a professor may nominate them. To be considered for the award, students must submit the following.
- A completed application (form below)
- A letter of reference
- An official transcript from your current academic semester, and
- A 200-word essay addressing why you want to become an orthotic/prosthetic technician.
DEADLINE: January 31
School Sends Official Transcript via Mail to - Scholarships; American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists;
1331 H Street, NW, Suite 501; Washington, DC 20005
School Sends Official Transcript Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials cannot be returned.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the Chagnon Scholarship, please contact the Academy at (202) 380-3663 or email email@example.com.