To renew your Fellow designation, please review the requirements below and submit the renewal form. You will be contacted shortly after submitting the form.
Read the Fellow Program Frequently Asked Questions document.
To qualify for renewal, you must meet the requirements of one of two possible pathways.
Current Fellows can renew under Pathway One if they have served as faculty for a Certificate Program for Professional Development.
To qualify for renewal under Pathway Two, you must meet both education and service requirements.
Education requirement: Fellow renewal applicants must have completed one Certificate Program for Professional Development in the five years since becoming a Fellow. Certificate Programs for Professional Development consist of six to ten modules on a specific subject, each followed by a quiz to ensure comprehension of the covered topics.
Certificate Programs for Professional Development are offered in a variety of formats. They can be accessed through the Academy's Online Learning Center, at the Academy's annual One-Day Seminars, and in an abbreviated format during the Academy Annual Meeting and Scientific Symposium.
Service requirement: To meet the service requirement, renewal applicants must do one of the following.
- Author an accepted manuscript for the Journal of Prosthetics & Orthotics (JPO)
- Chair a symposium or instructional course at an Academy Annual Meeting
- Make two presentations at Academy-sponsored programs over the previous five years
- Serve as a residency director of a National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE) approved residency site
- Contribute to the O&P profession via significant (40 hour minimum) community service, documented in writing by the Fellow renewal applicant
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours volunteer service within the Academy (serving as committee or society chair), documented in writing by the Fellow renewal applicant
The designation Fellow of the Academy is a signature recognition that can be earned by an Academy Active member. This prestigious designation is earned by those with a demonstrated commitment to mastering their profession through sustained educational pursuits and a proven track record of service to both their community and the O&P profession.
Please note that your application will not be processed or considered by the Fellow Review Committee until we receive a copy of your ABC Continuing Education Activities Report and payment of the $300 Fellow application fee.
Obtain your ABC Continuing Education Activities Report and mail it to 1331 H Street NW, Suite 501, Washington DC, 20005, fax to (202) 380-3447, or email to email@example.com.
The $300 Fellow application fee may paid by check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Mail your check to 1331 H Street NW, Suite 501, Washington DC, 20005, or call (202) 380-3663 for further information.
If you are not accepted into the Fellow program, $250 of your application fee will be refunded. The administrative fee of $50 is nonrefundable.