Mission, Goals, and Objectives
The Student-Resident Committee will encourage new members to focus on the continuous goals of the Academy, as well as contribute their individual talents, and strengthen the Student-Resident Committee as a whole. This will include strengthening The Academy by promoting and retaining student, resident, and society membership while increasing opportunities for student involvement within The Academy. The S-R Committee will look to direct students and residents to the resources that The Academy can offer while promoting professionalism and fostering the advancement of the profession.
- To recognize and promote solutions to meet the needs of the student and resident members of The Academy.
- To address the concerns of students and residents throughout the country within an evolving health care system.
- To establish what it means to be part of a professional organization.
- To raise awareness of The Academy offerings and benefits, and encouraging membership and involvement of residents starting their career.
- To establish a continuing and mutually beneficial relationship with junior members and retain them as long-term active members of The Academy.
- To establish mutually beneficial professional relationships with organizations that directly impacts the junior members, such as NCOPE and The American Board of Certification.
- To serve as a center of information and advisement for students & residents.
- To encourage student and resident participation in existing programs offered by The Academy.
- To raise awareness and encourage involvement of legislative and advocacy issues at the state and national level.