The Women in Orthotics and Prosthetics Committee is dedicated to encouraging the professional development of women within the field of prosthetics and orthotics. This group also serves as a resource for both women practitioners and women looking to enter the field. It is our goal to unite the women of O&P at the national level in order to form a network of mentorship, collaboration, education and research culminating in the advancement of women in the field.
- To provide networking opportunities for all current and incoming women in orthotics and prosthetics.
- To promote public awareness of the profession through educational resources.
- To promote orthotics and prosthetics as a desirable career path for women through recruitment efforts.
- To encourage women's professional achievements and scientific advancements within the field.
- To function as a representative body on issues and developments that concern the careers of women in orthotics and prosthetics.
- To serve as a conduit for the Academy on a variety of women's issues whenever advantageous and appropriate.
- To develop program content for Academy education symposia.
- To identify and propose research topics.