Prosthetic Restoration and Rehabilitation of the Upper and Lower Extremity is a well-illustrated, state-of-the-art reference on the science and practice of postamputation care, prosthetic restoration, and functional rehabilitation, designed to maximize patient independence and quality of life. Chapters are written by physiatrists, prosthetists, surgeons, and therapists at the University of Michigan - clinicians and teachers who work with amputees on a daily basis. Clinically oriented, it covers both lower and upper extremity restoration and rehabilitation and serves as a handy reference for busy practitioners to support sound clinical decision-making.
- Provides a state-of-the-art, accessible, clinical approach to postamputation care, prosthetic restoration, and functional rehabilitation
- Covers both upper and lower extremities
- Addresses prostheses for special populations and sports and recreation
- Includes boxed key clinical points at the start of each chapter, illustrated quick reference tables, and full-color photos throughout
- Supports clinical decision-making and addresses practical questions and problems
- Advises on new requirements for Medicare and Medicaid patients, and includes patient education materials and sample prescription forms that can be adapted for use in any clinic
- Outlines important information for returning to the community after amputation
Additional shipping fees will apply. Shipping calculated based on order total and will be confirmed before shipping. Maximum shipping to the lower 48 states is $20. Additional fees apply for Alaska and Hawaii, expedited, and international shipping.